service with a smile
Meet Our People
take a closer look
Founder and CEO of Rider
With 5+ years experience as a Citi Bank Equities Trader in Africa and an MBA from London’s prestigious Imperial Business School, Salman moved home to Karachi in 2018 to pursue an entrepreneurial career in the logistics industry – an industry that he believes is ripe for technology disruption to service the country’s e-commerce boom.
Salman launched Rider in Summer 2019 with a vision to disrupt the last mile delivery industry with a strong belief that ‘Technology moves everything’. His mission is to transform Pakistan’s logistics market, creating transparent and friendly services for online businesses and their customers – One perfect delivery at a time.
Salman has industry experience as former Head of Strategy and Business, UPS Pakistan, and a deep understanding of emerging markets through his banking career across Sub-Saharan Africa including Kenya, Ivory Coast, Nigeria, and South Africa.
- BS Computer Science, MS Software Engineering.
- 12+ years across multiple full stack languages.
Project implementation in US and Gulf Region.
- Numerous publications e.g., ‘Client Side Monitoring Framework Working toward scalable, localized technology
Business Development Manager
- Founding member of Pakistan’s first e distribution and grocery delivery start-up.
- Works closely with shippers to customize Rider’s product offering. Responsible for bridging the gap between ‘Merchant Experience and Tech
Building new and better product lines
Head of Network Operations
- 15 years in operations related roles at top 5 largest logistics companies in Pakistan.
- Responsible for network expansion, line haul connectivity and last mile.
- 25+ years as CFO in various financial services.
- Cost & management accountant from ICMA Pakistan.
Solving COD related challenges and automate flow of payments from end customer to shipper